Saturday, December 8, 2018

Personal Decision: Moving On From Marvel And DC

Many children have imaginary friends growing up.  I did, but in a very different sense.  My imaginary friends weren't made-up creatures that I talked to.  They were the comic book heroes that I watched on TV and later, in film: chiefly Spiderman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.  Christ used these superheroes and their stories to teach me right from wrong, the lifelong struggle to overcome evil, the importance of protecting others, and ultimately, to lead me to the Greatest Good, who is Jesus Christ Himself.  However, the Holy Spirit has also showed me that my superhero childhood "friends" have served their purpose, and that it's time to come back to reality so that I can truly serve Jesus Christ and bring Him glory.

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.  For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. (1 Corinthians 13:11-13, ESV)