Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Christian Music: My Superman's "Death Blow" To My Sinful Doomsday

In the only graphic novel I ever truly enjoyed, Doomsday, an invincible monster out to destroy Metropolis, mows down everything in his path until he runs into the Last Son of Krypton.  Right when Doomsday seems to have won, Superman bursts through the rubble and strikes him down with one final death blow, sacrificing his own life in the process.  In my own life, I have one sin which is my own personal "Doomsday." It completely ruined my life, until I accidentally stumbled upon a Christian song that literally turned the "Off Switch" when it came to my character flaw.  Jesus Christ, my Lord, my God, and my Superman, sent me a clear message: Christian Music is His "deathblow" to my sinful behavior.  So in order to spread the gospel through defending Christ-centered one-man, one-woman marriages, I am currently purifying my soul with Christian music.  "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus Our Lord" (Romans 6:23, ESV)

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Phil 4:8, ESV)