Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ronda Rousey Prayer Project Update #2!

I have prayed for 15 minutes for 14 consecutive times for Ronda Rousey.  During this time, I had a really crazy vision about how she would come to faith in Christ.  However, as I wrote it down in my journal, I became extremely uneasy and suspicious.  As it turns out, the "vision" was a hoax by the enemy.  This is just more proof that you should be very well grounded in God's Word as a Christian.  If you aren't, you can be tricked into believing all sorts of nonsense.  I think part of the reason why I realized that I had been hoodwinked so quickly was because I've been reading my Bible on a daily basis again.  Now, do visions occur?  Yes.  However, they are a lot rarer than people think and need to be scrutinized in light of scripture.

On a side note, Chris Weidman and his wife keep coming up in my mind as I pray for Ronda Rousey.  That's why I find it interesting that his rematch with Anderson Silva has been scheduled for the PPV that was originally headlined by Rousey vs. Tate II.  I do think that the decision to bump Rousey and Tate down to the co-main event is an unfortunate sign that women are still considered second-class citizens in the MMA world.  At the same time, I'm wondering if this slap in the face was allowed by God in order to allow Weidman and his wife to witness to Rousey.  Now, it is highly possible that I may be reading too much into current events.  Nonetheless, I will be keeping a close eye on the situation to see how events unfold.

To learn more about the rematch between Weidman and Silva, check out the following article at Sherdog.com:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Dana-White-Chris-WeidmanAnderson-Silva-Rematch-Official-for-Dec-28-in-Las-Vegas-53893