Sunday, July 1, 2012

July's Celebrity Prayer Project: Trent Reznor

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” (Matthew 19:24)

I've toyed with the idea about praying for celebrities for years.  Now it's time to put it into practice.  The fact of the matter is that everyone, rich and poor, will die and stand before God one day.  For that reason, each month, I will pray for fifteen minutes a day for the salvation of one celebrity.  To kick it off, I am going to begin with my favorite musician: Trent Reznor.  While I decided to stop listening to his songs after I heard "Heresy", I was struck by the lyrics of "Terrible Lie", in which he expresses a painful disillusionment with God based on what is going on in his life and world.  For that reason, I will be praying that Trent gets the answers that he seeks, and that he has a real and true encounter with the God who loves him so much that He sent His Son to die for him. 

(Photo from wikipedia.org)