Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Staying Faithful

In spite of all of the distractions and trials entering my life now, I've remained faithful in my commitment to get my prayer life back in order.  Ephesians 6:12 says the following:

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Satan is very real, and so are his demons.  Anytime that you try to get right with God, you can expect opposition from them.  Now, obviously, this does not mean that a bunch of men in red leotards with pitch forks will start chasing you around outside your house.  However, they will find ways to make your schedule more hectic, your relationships with people more difficult, and your vices more appealing.  In spite of this, you need to remain firm, for Christ is stronger than the whole demonic kingdom put together and will give you victory.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:12-14)