Saturday, July 16, 2011

Started typing "A Valiant Effort", found another actress I would like to cast

I finally started typing "A Valiant Effort." Hopefully, I will be finished within a couple of weeks so that I can edit it and submit it for publishing. I have also finally picked an actress who I would like for a starring role in my series: Renee O'Connor. Sadly, she will probably be too old to play the part if my series becomes a film, but ideally, if I could cast any actress I wanted as Cassandra's first cousin, once removed, it would be her. This person might not sound very important, but she actually is pivotal in the series. No, she is not a "Gabrielle" knockoff. She is much more intelligent, street-smart and quick-witted, and has amazing superpowers. Her mentor (whom I ideally would like portrayed by a young Kim Delaney) is more like a ballerina than a warrior princess and there's no "subtext", if you know what I mean. Nonetheless, Renee O'Conner would be perfect in this role, especially after the outstanding job she did in "Xena", which was one of my favorite shows as a kid.