Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Battle for Cassandra" draft 1 complete, will be first part of trilogy

I finished the first draft of "Battle for Cassandra", which I will rename "Nineveh." It will be part of a trilogy with "Fionnuala" and "My Sister's Keeper." It is quite, frankly, amazing! Some revising is needed of course, but the basic plot is great.

Before "Fionnuala", Cassandra's nemesis terrorized her in Nineveh, doing everything in her power to try to kill the young girl. Of course, after reading "Heart of Flesh", you all know that Cassandra graduated. However, you don't know how, and it's a very complex story involving gang warfare, treaties and alliances, deadly spell-casting duels, and Lammy's legacy. I decided to make it the first part of a trilogy because most of the characters that star in "Fionnuala" and "My Sister's Keeper" are Nineveh graduates, becoming Cassandra's best friends and worst enemies. In particular, I get to give more time to Max's archnemesis, showing how, even in her early teens, she considered no deed too wicked to perform.