Monday, July 18, 2011

Chapter 3 of "A Valiant Effort" complete, the Battle for Cassandra begins

I just finished typing up the third chapter of "A Valiant Effort." In it, I describe how I researched the history of Georgia, one of the best countries I have ever lived in. I was sold as soon as I found out it was the home to Kolkhida, known in Greek mythology as Colchis, the Land of the Golden Fleece. However, that is only the beginning of Georgia's wonderful culture and history. Not only are they the friendliest people whom I've ever met, but they are also the second nation to convert to Christianity, had an empire that spanned from the Black Sea to the Caspian Sea during the medieval era, and had an amazing writer named Shota Rustaveli, who wrote "The Knight In the Panther's Skin", one of the best epics ever written. They have also survived invasions by the Arabs, Mongols, Persians, Turks, and Russians, growing stronger and tougher every time they come back. I am truly blessed to have lived there, and cannot wait until I can return to visit my family and friends.

I wrote the rough draft of the second episode in a short story collection titled "Battle for Cassandra." The two most fearsome gangs in Nineveh go to war over her, one desiring to protect her, the other desiring to destroy her. The stories reveal why she was able to survive Nineveh when so many people wanted her dead, even the school officials, and will also hint at what the future holds for her. I want to have twelve episodes in total, and wish to have the first draft complete by the end of next week. After it is done, I am finished writing about Nineveh, at least for now. Cassandra's legacy extends far outside of the walls of Yangvaad's most dangerous school, and it is important that it is revealed so that the greater purpose of my writing is fulfilled: to glorify and honor God.