Monday, January 26, 2015

Royal Rumble! How Anthony Johnson Inspired Me to Continue My Battle For Purity

This past Saturday, Alexander "The Mauler" Gustafsson and Anthony "Rumble" Johnson faced off to decide who would get the next title shot against Jon Jones.  I thought that Gustafsson would pick Johnson apart to win a unanimous decision.  I was wrong.  Johnson smashed him within the first round.  As much as I was disappointed that Gustafsson lost, Johnson gave me hope.  The man known as "Rumble" is my age and on his way to accomplishing his dream, despite being cut by the UFC a couple of years ago after being crushed by Vitor Belfort.  This event taught me that, if it's God's Will, it's never too late to turn things around.  That's why I'm grateful to"Rumble" for inspiring me to continue my quest to stay pure for my wife, in spite of the fact that I am turning 30 this year and have no romantic prospects whatsoever.