Sunday, January 18, 2015

I Have A Dream: Please Pray That I Become Purity's Martin Luther King, Jr.

Happy Early Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Everyone!

I just watched Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech.  As a Christian black man myself, I truly admire the fact that Dr. King lived out his faith through using the gospel to fight for Civil Rights.  He wasn't obsessed with racial pride, nor did he create an "Evil White Guy" boogeyman as a tool to exploit his own community for personal gain.  Instead, he fought not only for equality for all, but also for fellowship and brotherhood between people of all colors.  The reason why he was so effective was that he used the power of the gospel to change America for the better.

And that's why I am asking you all to pray for me tomorrow, on Dr. King's birthday, so that I am empowered to change people for the better with the gospel.

My mission is to free people from slavery to lust by encouraging them to wait until marriage before having sex and to stay faithful to their spouses "Til Death Do Them Part."  I want them to reject the world's lie that "sexual freedom" means recklessly screwing everything that moves.  Many of my peers have believed that lie and guess what it got them?  Divorce, addiction, Baby Momma Drama, and death of either themselves via disease or their kids in abortion clinics.  Some of my peers are so "burnt out" by repeatedly having their hearts' dismembered that they don't even want to get married in the first place.  Others are so traumatized that they have become suicidal.

I want to show people what true love and sexual freedom is by remaining a virgin until I am married and staying faithful to my wife "Til Death Do Us Part."  In particular, I want to reach young men, because we receive very little encouragement from the church and our parents to stay pure so that we can truly love and lead (yes, that's right, LEAD) our families with integrity and truth.  I want to free us from evil influences on TV and the internet who want to turn us and our female friends into a generation of perverted psychopaths that they can exploit for financial gain.

I have a dream that, through the gospel, my generation, and the one after it, can experience "The Sexual Force Unleashed" and "Romantic World Peace" within Christ-centered marriages.  Please pray that the Holy Spirit purifies me and uses me to help young men and women achieve this goal, so that, one day, in God-honoring, OPPOSITE-sex marriages, they can say:     

"Free at last!  Free at last!  Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"