Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Last Man Standing: My Decision To Stay The Course, No Matter What

Last week, I was seriously wavering on the issue of purity.  Due to bitterness over the fact that I am nowhere near where I expected to be in my late twenties, and am in no position to support a girlfriend, much less a wife and children, I began to wonder what was the point.  Why pursue a dream that is never going to happen?  More importantly, why avoid a life of hedonistic pleasure if my desire to serve God will never be blessed?

Fortunately, I came to my senses and remembered that that life of "hedonistic pleasure" leads to death, divorce, or Baby Momma Drama.  I also remembered that God always blesses a servant who seeks Him with all His heart, even if that doesn't happen in this life.  So for that reason, I have decided to stay the course, remain a virgin until marriage, and use my chastity to lead others to a saving relationship with Christ, no matter what happens in my life.