Monday, May 13, 2013

Rebirth!

God has told me for months that my 28th year would be life-changing.  I have a great new church, new friends, a new martial art to master and everything is getting better.  The darkness that began in December of 2010 has finally started to lift and the Holy Spirit is showing me what I need to do for my future.

At the same time, I am remaining vigilant.  Without a doubt, Satan has gotten wind that 2013 is the year of my rebirth.  The recent spiritual ambush which I experienced confirmed it.  Luckily, my mentor and a local pastor came beside me to help me survive it.  Christ listened to their prayers and rescued me from the evil one.

However, there is one more battle that I must face.  Even if Satan were to be chained up in the bottomless pit right now, I have one foe who will not be defeated so easily: myself.  Is my flesh more powerful than the devil?  Absolutely not.  Nonetheless, Satan can only be in one place at one time, whereas I am stuck with my sinful nature until the day I die.  Starting this year, I will daily put that nature to death.  Starting this year, I am reborn!