Friday, May 17, 2013

Miesha Tate Prayer Update #2

I just prayed for Miesha Tate for an hour to put myself back on schedule.  I shifted my focus to asking God to help her heal physically from her match with Cat Zingano.  I also asked him to help her recover emotionally, since getting upset in a bout with such high stakes had to be an extremely disappointing experience.  For some reason, "Temari's Theme" from the Naruto soundtrack kept playing in the back of my mind and I was imagining myself praying in the voice of Chester Benington from Linkin Park for a bit.  However, that probably had more to do with the fact that I am a rabid Linkin Park/Naruto fan (although I am giving up the latter for reasons I will reveal later). 

I did get some bad news earlier today, though.  I won't get into all the gritty details, but suffice it to say that it involves my living situation.  I was blindsided with it after my afternoon jog and wasn't too happy, although I kept my emotions in check.  I don't think it's a coincidence that it happened the month that I decided to get right with God and dedicate myself more fervently to Jesus Christ.  Especially since this happened only a couple of days after I lost my job.  Nonetheless, God has shown that He is still looking out for me, since He gave me my old job teaching martial arts again.  While I do anticipate more trials as I pray for the salvation of MMA fighters, I know that Christ will support me through these hardships.