Sunday, June 12, 2011

Zombie story first draft finished, Baruir debuts, "Princess Eirian" has become awesome

I finished the first draft of my Christian zombie story, titled "Light of Dawn." I like the way it turned out, but there is still a lot of work to do. Also, I'm probably going to set it in another world, because I get bored writing about fiction set on earth really quickly. I also love the freedom creating another world gives me, because I can basically do whatever I want and make my own rules as long as I don't contradict myself. I also created a new male character for "Fionnuala": Baruir. The book needs a serious shot of testosterone because all the well-developed characters are female and, quite frankly, they need interesting men to banter with, fall in love with, and to teach them how to fight. The prequel story which I wrote about Baruir, titled "My Nation and My God", is a step in that direction, full of awesome swordfights, explosions and spell-casting duels.

I also got really into "Princess Eirian", a short story about Max and Cassandra that takes place soon after "Daughter of the Seven Seas." In doing so, I discovered that Max actually has three different names, which I thought was pretty cool. I also discovered how evil Cassandra's mother was, got to reveal more information about Lammy's spiritual beliefs, and introduced a key player in the shady underworld of Nineveh Academy who has a vested interest in Cassandra's well-being. I'm considering putting a miniseries on this blog called "Nineveh: Battle for Cassandra", which explains why she was able to survive in spite of having so many enemies. However, I want to finish my current projects first.

That's it for now. Until next time, stay posted.