Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hiatus over!

Hello everyone!

My hiatus from writing is finished, so now I am writing new material. It's great because for me, writing is as important as breathing. Now I can complete all the ideas which I built up during my break, such as the Christian zombie story.

While looking at vampire vs. werewolf videoclips on Youtube, I came across an awesome song called "Midlife Crisis" by Faith No More. All of my characters have unofficial theme songs which I listen to when I write about them. For example, when I write about Cassandra, I listen to "Savin' Me" by Nickelback. When I write about her brother, Lammy, I listen to "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot. I used to listen to "Head Like A Hole" by Nine Inch Nails when I wrote about Max, but after I heard Trent Reznor's song, "Heresy", I decided to replace it with something else. I haven't found anything that fits her yet, but currently, "Suffer" by Staind is the strongest contender. There is also a group called Bauhaus that might have a song that is a good fit. I'll just have to see. I listen to "Midlife Crisis" when writing about Max's obsession with Cassandra's other brother, who is the polar opposite of Lammy. He fascinates Max because he is the only student at Nineveh who is more violent and twisted than she is. However, in spite of that, he does have redeeming qualities that make him likeable, which I will reveal in future tales.

That's it for now. Until next time, stay posted.