Saturday, May 21, 2011

"Wounds That Wouldn't Heal" Submitted

Hello everyone,

Earlier today, I submitted my short story "Wounds That Wouldn't Heal." I actually completed it a while ago, but before I sent it out, I did some minor edits. Nothing changed character or plotwise, just a few grammar things and small adjustments to descriptions to make the story flow a little better. I also reread a short story called "Rain" that I wrote years ago. It features a character called Lucina, who is a generation ahead in the series. I sent it to my friend, Nano, because she loves my stories and is an excellent critic. You really can't do better than a girl who has read masterpieces in over three languages.

"Wounds That Wouldn't Heal" deals with a lot of issues that I feel need to be addressed by Christians. Things such as bad romantic relationships and cutting. I've done neither, but I know people my age who have, and they need to know that Jesus loves them just as much as those who grew up in households that resemble the Cleaver family from "Leave It To Beaver." My friends from these rough backgrounds are usually very receptive to hearing the gospel from me just because I treated them with respect and kindness. They also appreciate the fact that I take their struggles seriously and stand by them while they are fighting to break free and heal. It may not be popular for Christian authors to write about those topics, but sometimes you need to do the right thing, even if it isn't popular.

On a lighter note, stay posted for my movie review of the original version of "The Italian Job." Suffice it to say that I had no idea Michael Caine could still be in his element as an action star.