Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to...me!

Hello everyone!

Today I had an excellent birthday. My boss and coworkers had a mini-party for me and ordered pizza, cheesecake, and salad. The salad came in a doughy crust. It was pretty unique and tasty. I loved it. My boss even bought me coconut water because I love it like Kel from "Keenan and Kel" loved orange soda. I ended the night with some really expensive coconut gelato that was worth every penny.

To keep within my budget (especially after the gelato), I'll probably just rent a DVD. I've wanted to watch and review "Robin Hood" for a long time. Russell Crowe is a great actor and Kevin Durand did an excellent job as Little John in the clip I saw on Youtube. I'll see if the library has a copy. Next weekend I'll go ahead and splurge on a snorkeling excursion with some friends to compensate for all the swimming I wish I had done during Peace Corps. Lesson learned: if your ears keep getting infected, buy earplugs and swim anyway.

I will also look for a place to submit "Wounds That Wouldn't Heal." It's one of my better short stories and so far, is my darkest. Let's just say that the protagonist seriously needs to learn how to control her jealousy.

That's it for now. Until next time, stay posted!