Saturday, December 18, 2010

New Fionnuala Origins Story: Her Black Prince

It's been far too long since I have posted. Anyways, things are finally settling down now that I have moved to North Carolina. I've found a good church and am making friends and getting to know people, including at my local library, where I have come in so much to use the computer that the librarians are signing me in before I even reach the desk!

Anyways, as far as writing goes, I've been working on Magnus a lot more, figuring out what his life was like before "Fionnuala" begins. I've written an excerpt which I will turn into a short story titled "Her Black Prince", that takes place when he is fifteen. It will take place in the same world as "Heart of Flesh" and "Daughter of the Seven Seas", only in a different country and twenty-five years before Cassandra is born. I hope to have it ready for publishing next weekend so that I can start submitting it.