Thursday, October 28, 2010

Preparing for the Month of Fionnuala

In preparation for resuming my revision of "Fionnuala", I am continuing to develop Magnus and his backstory. For inspiration for villains, I've studied the people that Joshua defeated when he and the Israelites conquered the Promised Land. Needless to say, creative liberties shall be taken to bring in the dark fantasy element. I'll be bringing in aspects from pagan cults in the ancient world to make them richer and more menacing, rather than just having a bunch of elderly men in togas randomly shooting lightning bolts for the mere sake of being evil.

Additionally, I took down notes regarding a scene regarding the most feared woman ever to debut in my series. It provided a lot of insight into her murderous hatred of Cassandra and Max, a hatred so all-consuming that she is willing to die in the process of destroying them. I'm at the point where just writing this woman's name makes me tremble! I can't wait to unleash her on my readers.

On December 1, I will write another draft of "Fionnuala." I hope to be completely finished with the novel by August of 2011, although I believe I will finish earlier as long as I work steadily.

That's it for now. Until next time, stay posted.