Friday, December 31, 2010

"Her Black Prince" Second Draft Started

Last night, I wrote out two pages of the second draft of "Her Black Prince." I didn't get as much done as I wanted due to the holiday rush, but it was progress. I did it by hand because I was tired of staring at computer screens and it was nice to revert back to my childhood days, where everything I did was in pencil and pen.

Once I finish "Her Black Prince", I have another short story titled "Ten Thousand Suns", which I want to complete next. After that, I am going to try to get "Innocent" and "Ecgtheow's Way" published again. I am still surprised that "Daughter of the Seven Seas" got accepted before those two works. Although the former was excellent, I personally felt the latter two were better written.

I've also been working more on the backstory of "Fionnuala." Both "Her Black Prince" and "Ten Thousand Suns" resulted from excerpts that I had written to discover what happened in the lives of my characters before my novel begins. I'm almost finished, but there are about two or three more events which I need to develop before I can write another draft of the book.

That's it for now. Happy New Year!