Sunday, December 2, 2012

December Prayer Project: Jennifer Lawrence!

 
This month, I decided to pray for my favorite actress of all time: Jennifer Lawrence.  When I read "The Hunger Games" upon the recommendation of my friend Katie's sister, I enjoyed it, but wasn't overly impressed.  I gave it a solid B and didn't buy into all the hype.  However, when I first saw the trailer of the movie, I became freaking stoked and it was mostly because of Lawrence's acting.  The film itself was beyond amazing, even better than "The Avengers."  The only movie I have seen which is better in recent memory is "Dark Knight Rises."  Lawrence did such a good job that I wished that Katniss Everdeen was real so that I could be her friend.  This is why I want to pray for her salvation.  As a wealthy, Hollywood actress, she not only has to deal with the temptations of that lifestyle (alcohol abuse, drugs, and rampant immorality), but the fame could also go to her head and make her forget that she is a human being in need of a savior.  I see no evidence that she has given in to any of these things and from her interviews, she sounds like a down-to-earth and fun lady to hang out with.  I will definitely be praying for her so that, in case I don't get her autograph, I'll be able to met her in heaven and ask her how cool it was to star in that awesome film. 

(Photo from www.wikipedia.org)