Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Do You Prefer Your Savior Or Your "Busy" Schedule?

"Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago." (Isaiah 25:1)

Today I am going to discuss something that many Christians in Western Civilization are "too busy" to do: praise God.  Let's just think about this for a moment.  God has created our entire universe out of nothing and has sent His only Son to be KILLED so that we can have eternal life through Christ's resurrection.  Without Him, we wouldn't even be able to breathe (Numbers 27:16).  Yet we are too busy to praise Him for it?  Seriously, can't we just take some time away from Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and everything else that we do while we are glued to our smartphones (or tablets/computers) and praise the One who is the source of our very existence? 

Look, I'll admit, praising God hasn't always been my highest priority.  In fact, it has probably been my lowest.  Then tonight, a thought hit me.  What if I was married, and my wife, for whom I sacrificed everything to be with, constantly refused to have sex with me because she "had a headache"?  Or what if I constantly refused to take my wife out on romantic dinners, after she has sacrificed everything to be with me, so that I could watch UFC on Fox?  Ultimately, we would just be selfish if we treated each other like that.  Well, in our case, God has sacrificed everything to be with us.  How many of us can say that we loved someone so much that we allowed ourself to be tortured, stripped naked, and suffocated to death in order to be with them?  Jesus can, and I'm no longer going to selfishly withhold the praise that He deserves.  How about you?  What's more important: your Savior, or your busy schedule?