Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"The Hunger Games" Movie Looks Epic!!!

A few days ago, I saw the trailer for "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. Now, I read the book last year at the suggestion of someone I knew at church, who said that my book, "Black Swan Rises: Fionnuala", reminded her of it a little. The key word there is "a little": other than children killing each other in a dystopian world, there are no similarities. Even then, that aspect of my novel was only shown through flashbacks, since Sandra already graduated from Nineveh when it began. I read "The Hunger Games" out of curiousity and found it to be a well-written action story. Katniss' and Peeta's struggle to survive the games was engaging and the reality TV twist was new and innovative. Collins' also did a great job researching wilderness survival and it clearly showed in her work. That being said, I did think it was overhyped. I gave it a solid 'B', but didn't think that it would be the next "Harry Potter" or "Twilight."

Then the trailer changed EVERYTHING!

I am now hooked! The movie looks amazing! I'm betting that it will be even better than the book! Don't believe me? Check out the trailer!

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/movies-26594261/hunger-games-trailer-makes-debut-on-gma-27248969.html