Sunday, November 6, 2011

All In The Family

BBC Articles Read: “Ed Miliband warns of St Paul's protest 'danger signals'”(England), “Lady Gaga set to dominate MTV awards” (Northern Ireland), “Ruth Davidson: David Cameron is not my boss in Scotland” (Scotland), “Tributes to Welsh Jewish leader” (Wales)

Steps Taken In Operation Abe Lincoln: 2

Last night I did the family trees for four of the major characters of "Black Swan Origins: Nineveh." Cassandra's was already done beforehand; all I had to figure out was the birth year of her mother's first husband. Her nemesis' family tree was a pain in the neck, because her father (whom, ideally, I'd like portrayed by Kevin Bacon), loves to sow his seed, so to speak. Her protector's family tree was a little less difficult because it was a two-parent household, and allowed me to kill two birds with one stone since the fourth main character is her cousin. I still have to do a couple more family trees, primarily of male characters and Cassandra's nemesis' cousin. I can't wait. I love choosing names, in particular the challenge of giving conventional nicknames to unconventional names. For example, Toni's full name is actually Latona, not Antonia. On a side note, Latona is also the name of the mother of Apollo and Artemis in Greco-Roman mythology. I have no plans of working that into the series as of yet, although that may change in the future. At any rate, naming my characters is one of the most fun parts of writing, and the family trees allow me to do that, so I'm going back to it right about...now.