Thursday, October 27, 2011

Four Articles A Day Keeps Ignorance At Bay

Now that I remembered that I actually have a blog, it's time that I start using it again. So what have I been up to since September? I discovered Twitter (@blkprincerising), which is freaking awesome! I've also made more progress in my book, "Black Swan Origins: Nineveh." About 105 pages worth of progress! It's awesome! I was also able to sneak in a character called Otter (braces for "Animal House" jokes). I'm actually going more for the Norse myth regarding Otter, a magician-farmer's son who was accidentally killed by Loki. However, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't first hear the nickname from that hilarious movie. I figure I'll be safe as long as I don't wind up with a character named Bluto...

I've also been reading four articles a day about Great Britain, one each from England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. To say that I love British culture is an understatement: not a day goes by without me daydreaming about my next vacation in that wonderful country of direct and bluntly honest people. I stay in touch with all of the friends I made there and can't wait to see them again, which will hopefully be sometime next year. I actually read an article tonight about Phil Stead, who won the best overall blog award at the second Wales Blog Awards. I can see why his blog, Ffwtbol, won: it actually made soccer (called "football" overseas) seem interesting. Anyone who can not only get me to finish a whole article on soccer, but actually get me to enjoy it, has God-given talent. Pure and simple. Take a look at it here: http://ffwtbol.co.uk/