Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Nazarite’s Writing Creed

My first, and foremost goal as a writer is to honor God and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in my writing. While Jesus will not randomly appear on every page, my stories will honor His principles: truth, love, justice, mercy, forgiveness, and self-sacrifice and portray the consequences that befall those who chose the darker path of deceit, lust, corruption, ruthlessness, vengeance and selfish passion. To be realistic, I will have major characters that will choose both paths, and you will not always be able to predict which character will choose to serve the Greater Good or become slaves to evil.

What you will NOT find in my stories:
-Political correctness, no matter what bill is signed into law. Worse case scenario, I'll continue writing in prison.
-Gratuitous violence, sex, and profanity. I find that frying the brains of my target audience is, at best, counterproductive.
-Knockoffs of Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, and other popular works. While these have influenced my writing, I see no need to reinvent the lightsaber, so to speak.

What you WILL find in my stories:
-Characters that reflect the struggles and triumphs of God's masterpiece, the human race!
-Tales that descend into the deepest, darkest recesses of hell and ascend to the gates of heaven beyond the sun and stars, and everywhere in between!
-A world that exists independently from earth with its own cultures, mythology, languages, empires, and ecosystems!