Friday, March 6, 2015

Why So Serious? The Reason Why I Decided To Stay A Virgin Before Marriage

Heath Ledger's version of Batman's archenemy, the Joker, is perhaps the scariest movie villain I have ever seen.  Every time I hear the line "Why so serious?" I get chills down my spine.  The reason why the Joker was so terrifying in "The Dark Knight" was that he was absolutely evil.  He murdered innocent people, slaughtered law enforcement officials, and even blew up a hospital just for kicks. 

The reason why I chose to stop my quest to lose my virginity before marriage and decided to stay pure for my future wife is for the same reason: sexual immorality is ABSOLUTELY EVIL.  Allowing sexual immorality to reign in your life is as destructive as letting the Joker run amok in Gotham.

As I have mentioned before, I almost lost my virginity when I was in college.  The only reason why I didn't was because my female friend knew I was waiting until marriage, went on a guilt trip, and backed off.  A few years after she spared my virginity, I saw the damage that "The Joker" of sexual immorality did to my peers after they went nuts in college (or high school). 

Three of my peers got divorced in their TWENTIES.  One of them got knocked up and went through the mayhem of juggling school, work, and being a single mom.  Another one of them rushed into a shotgun wedding after they knocked up their booty call and is constantly fighting with their spouse.  Another one of my peers got a sexually transmitted disease from one of their so-called "friends-with-benefits" and gave it to at least one other person.  At least three of my peers moved in with "boyfriends" who just used them for sex, so they basically became live-in prostitutes.  Two of my peers got so burned out by promiscuity with the opposite gender that they decided to pursue self-destructive relationships with the same gender.  These testimonies of terror are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to people I know who were demolished by "The Joker" of sexual immorality.

We have two choices: get rid of sexual immorality completely, or let it run amok in our lives.  I have made my decision based on the hell of people who've learned the hard way that forbidden sexual desires, like Batman's archenemy, are no joke.  What will your decision be?