Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Finishing the Jennifer Lawrence Celebrity Prayer Project was not easy; I had to deal with a lot of turmoil in my life to finish it and had to do some 2-3 hour prayer sessions to catch up.  Nonetheless, I completed it.  To be perfectly honest, it's the first one that I have finished.  In every other prayer project, I only made it about halfway and then gave up.  That's the reason why I will now provide periodic updates on how I am doing for accountability purposes.  These updates will occur roughly every week of the month. 

Ironically, praying about others makes me feel better and more refreshed.  Very often, when I pray for myself, I end up treating Jesus like Santa Claus and just read off my mental wish list.  When I pray for others, I am a bit more selfless.  In addition, it relieves a lot of stress because it causes me to remember that God is more powerful than my problems.  I won't say what those problems are because I want to publish them in a book called "That Was Then, This Is Now."  The title is a nod to S.E. Hinton, who wrote an excellent novel with the same title in which Bryon, the main character, has to make some really difficult choices in order to grow up and become a man.  In the past three years, I've had to make a lot of difficult choices so that I could pursue the path that God has placed before me.  Granted, I also made some decisions which I regret, but God has used these to teach me wisdom and discernment.  Now, things are starting to change for the better, and I have the feeling that 2013 is going to be an amazing year in which I will be blessed and, in turn, be able to bless others.